Sunday, October 21, 2007

Journal # 20 A Friend who I most of my time spent with.

I came to the USA to learn English. The reason I came to here is that this country's native language is English. I could learn English In my country too, but It would be hard to learn. I came to here to have much conversation with american who is native Language is English. When I talked with them, They could not understand me easily. There was a pronunciation problems. There is a way to improve my English, especially pronunciation. This way is wacthing television. Watching television helps me alot in that case. As you know watching television takes a lot of time. Because television takes a lot of time, people think that it is wasting time. In constant, television helps to people have good time, get news and learn more vaulable things.
There are buch of things such as baseball, basketball, cinemas going around us. We can not catch all of them. We dont have time or we dont have money. So we miss them. Fortunately, we got a machine called television brings to our house all these thing. People can have fun when they watch movie or a game. For example, I had a lot of homework and other thing to do.I stayed all week at home. When I got bored, I turned television on and I watched it. It was fun because I watched a comic show.
In 21. century, the world is changing so fast. Globalization is moving fast to forward. When something happned at one corner of the world, it affect other part of the world. So people need to get news from all over world or other part of their own country. For example, American soldier were battling in the Iraq. The soldier's family keep watching television to learn news about their children.In addition, When something is important for public, it can be announced with television. The majority people can hear this news. For instance, In my senior year, I had a exam but there was a lot of snow in Istanbul. Because public transportation did not work, I could not go to the school. I watched television and It has announced that the exam was postponed. Television reached me a good news. So, television helps people to get innovative news.
Another reason why television is not wasting time is that helps foriegner to learn new language. As we know, the bes way to learn second Language is more practising. We can not talk with people while we are at home. Furthermore, we can new vocabulary from television. Also we can learn how they use vocabulary in the sentence. That is good way to improve second language. Does not matter which language are people trying to learn. Television can help people to improve language.

1 comment:

Asiia said...

I like your essay!!!